HPI News and Events!
Thanks to OtterCares and Thrive employees who helped raise over $10,000 to benefit HPI!
HPI is featured in the Coloradoan! Read the article to learn more about what it's like to be a volunteer with HPI and the power that $280 has to keep people in their homes. Read the article here
to provide rental assistance
and supportive services to those in need
Catching Families Before They Fall…
While most of us struggle with maintaining a basic budget, imagine the frustration of knowing that the one thing many of us can always count on – a roof over our heads – is in jeopardy. The Homelessness Prevention Initiative is a local, grassroots emergency support resource for working families living within the Poudre School District who face the possibility of homelessness.
- We work to prevent homelessness before it starts.
- We provide one-time grants (once per twelve months) for rental assistance, and all checks are written directly to the client’s landlord.
- We help clients navigate the assistance process by providing referrals to appropriate services, agencies and community resources.
- We provide mediation services to residents and property owners, as needed.
Our work makes a difference…
- Since opening more than a decade ago, we have helped over 20,000 individuals, including 12,000 children, stay in their homes.
- 96 percent of the families we help are able to overcome a financial crisis with an average grant of under $300.
- HPI assisted nearly 850 households in 2012. That’s over 1,700 children.
- Every $1 donated to HPI saves at least $20 in costs associated with being homeless.