"I felt nervous and low. I didn’t want to ask you guys for money but once I came in and sat down, I felt much better and at ease about the situation. You helped me see that these things happen to people. You gave me a glimmer of hope." --HPI Client
GET HELP NOW
The Homelessness Prevention Initiative assists families living within the Poudre School District through the following services:
- Grants for rent payment in the form of a check made out to the landlord.
- Referral to appropriate services, agencies and resources in the community.
- Mediation between residents and property owners, if appropriate.
Our Criteria for Helping Those in Need:
- Client must have a residence (e.g., house, apartment, mobile home) in the Poudre School District area. HPI does not pay motel rent.
- Rental assistance is limited to helping the client retain current housing. HPI does not generally assist with deposit or first month’s rent. Assistance is not given if client is planning to move from current housing unless moving into a lower rent facility, in which case HPI can help with first month’s rent but not deposit. Exceptions may be made in the instance of domestic violence situations.
- Amount of assistance is determined by the volunteers who conduct the interview.
- Client must have the ability to maintain their housing after receiving assistance, i.e. must bring verification of employment, or must have sufficient verified income (ex: SSDI payments) to maintain housing.
- Client must have exhausted all other resources; i.e., asked family and friends for help, asked landlord for lenience, asked employer for advance on wages.
- Assistance is limited to a maximum of once within a 12-month period, except when HPI Education Extra is available. HPI Education Extra rewards participation in financial education.
Para español, hace click debajo:
How to Apply and What to Expect:
Please bring these items to your intake interview:
- Photo ID
- Proof of income
- Lease Agreement with your name on it (or letter from landlord stating rental agreement)
- Name, phone number, and address of landlord
Traiga por favor estos artículos a su entrevista:
- Foto identificación
- Evidencia de ingresos
- Contrato de arrendamiento residencial con su nombre
- Su nombre, número de teléfono, y dirección de su propietario
An HPI staff member will provide you with a Financial Assistance Application and will assist you in completing it. If you would prefer to download and print a copy of the application in .PDF format, please click on the Financial Assistance Application link below: