"I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. We are so grateful for how you’ve helped put our lives back on track. It did feel like a miracle and my family made it through the month." --HPI Client
A contribution of $300 keeps one Fort Collins family from facing homelessness. When families in our community have homes, we all benefit. Please give what you can, and thank you for your compassion and action.
Want to learn more about the impact of your investment in HPI?
Click on the link below to view our latest annual report:
2011-2012 Annual Report
About your Gift to Homelessness Prevention Initiative:
- All contributions are tax deductible.
- We encourage you to consider joining the John McLean Sustaining Membership Program. Sign up for automatic monthly contributions to be part of HPI’s work preventing homelessness.
- Gifts of $100 or more may qualify for an additional 25% Colorado Tax Credit because HPI has Fort Collins Enterprise Zone status (please see details below).
- We welcome memorial contributions. Your gift will honor your loved one by bringing new hope to local families.
- Please ask us about planned giving options.
Fort Collins Enterprise Zone Status:
Important changes for 2012 Enterprise Zone processing:
As of January 1, 2012, all eligible donors wishing to receive the Enterprise Zone Tax Credit must provide HPI with their Social Security Number (SSN), Colorado Account Number, or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and file their taxes online. Click on the link below for additional details.
The Homelessness Prevention Initiative is a member of the Fort Collins Enterprise Zone and is able to offer a State Tax Credit to donors whose gifts total $100 or more in a calendar year.
- The credit is equal to 25% of all donations over $100 made directly to HPI, and it can be all at once or cumulatively.
- For example, for a donation of $100 the donor may subtract $25 from their total state tax liability.
- HPI will send eligible donors tax documents about one month after the donation is made. The tax year is determined by the date of the check or payment to HPI.
- This credit may be carried forward for 5 years.